Advantages of Home Health Care
Home care is a cost effective alternative to extended hospital stays or institutional care. Being at home helps clients feel better about themselves and gives them a sense of security and well being, without imposing a burden on family and friends.
In addition, home care can cost a fraction as much as hospitalization or a long-term care facility. Home health care enables clients to recuperate in the comfort and privacy of their own home, at a cost savings of 36-50 percent over hospitalization or nursing home confinement. Staying at home means being near family and friends—people who can offer loving care and support. A trained home care provider can teach them the skills needed to help with certain types of care.
Who needs home care?
- If you were recently hospitalized for surgery or illness.
- If you are unable to meet your own needs due to health, age or social problems.
- If you are stressed with taking care of a family member who can no longer care for themselves.
- If you are missing work or ignoring your immediate family to care for a loved one.
- If you are homebound and lonely, frightened, or depressed.
- If you need assistance getting groceries, going to appointments, or around the house.
- If you have an infant or sick child and need help with care.
Why not hire privately?
When deciding on the best home health care services for your loved one, hiring privately is always an option. However, you should be concerned about:
- Does the individual go through a screening process and background check?
- What is the individual’s training and experience?
- Do they have the qualifications and ability to create a plan of care?
- Do they have any backup system when they cannot provide care when needed?
- Are they insured and fully bonded?
- Who does their payroll taxes?
- Who do you turn to if there is a problem?
- These are just some of the questions you should ask prior to considering this option for care.
Working with a home health care agency, like CareGivers, has endless benefits and advantages. Please use the resources provided to learn more about home health care and how to choose the best agency with the best care to meet your needs.