CareGivers Home Care
Making home care a real comfort...
**COVID-19 Update: Our clients depend on us to stay safe at home! We have made changes to our screening/application process to help keep applicants, our staff, and our clients safe. We are following CDC and Department of Health guidance, and provide our staff with all necessary PPE.
Are you looking for a job with flexibility? Are you dependable and caring? Do you have a reliable vehicle & valid driver’s license? Then CareGivers is looking for someone just like you!
We Have Hours!
Job Opening: Housekeeper/Homemaker/Elderly Companion
Branch: Ithaca, NY
Available Shifts: Day Shifts – various shift lengths and start times – we can put together a full schedule that meets your needs!
Must have a reliable vehicle & valid drivers license – shopping/running errands for clients is part of the job (paid mileage).
Flexible Scheduling ♦ Competitive Pay ♦ Paid Time Off ♦ Employee Referral Bonus ♦ Weekly Paychecks ♦ Paid Travel Time Between Cases ♦ 401k & Benefits Available For Qualified Employees
DUTIES: This position is accountable for providing nutritional, environmental and social support services, including household activities to maintain an environment which is safe, clean and promotes the physical and emotional well-being of the client according to CareGivers policies, procedures and standards, including all federal, state and local regulations. Work plans will vary by client.
- Follow a designated work plan.
- Performing housekeeping activities to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Planning and preparing meals.
- Participate in supportive activities to promote or maintain the client’s independence in the home setting.
- Communicating significant changes in the status of the client and/or family.
- Maintaining a record of activities as directed.
- Some or total assistance with making and changing beds.
- Some or total assistance with dusting and vacuuming the rooms which the patient uses.
- Some or total assistance with cleaning of the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom and other appropriate rooms.
- Some or total assistance with dishwashing.
- Some or total assistance with listing needed supplies.
- Some or total assistance with shopping for patient if no family member is available or able;
- Some or total assistance with laundering, this may include necessary ironing and mending.
- Some or total assistance with payment of bills and other essential errands.
- Some or total assistance with meal preparation including simple modified diets.
- May accompany to medical appointments, shopping trips, theater, restaurants etc.
- May participate in leisure activities, i.e. card games, puzzles, reading
- Must be caring, dependable, & must meet health requirements
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license required
- Must be 18 or older
About Us… CareGivers is a licensed home care agency with 12 branches in Upstate New York and Western Pennsylvania. We have been providing quality, compassionate home care for over 50 years, and we are always looking for positive and skilled professionals to join our growing team. Come work for a company that feels like family!
Fax: (607) 275-0816
|Job Category||Homemaker/Companion Jobs , Housekeeper Jobs|