Frequently Asked Questions About CareGivers Home Care Services
Home care can be very confusing. To help guide you through the process, CareGivers has shared the answers to some of the more common questions in the list below…
Q. Is CareGivers a licensed or certified agency? What is the difference?
- In order to provide Nursing, Home Health Aide, or Personal Care Aide services in both New York and Pennsylvania, an organization must be licensed by their representative State Department of Health. All of our CareGivers Home Care branches in New York State are licensed agencies. A certified agency is similar, but is entitled to direct reimbursement from Medicare and Medicaid. Certified agencies may offer additional skilled services, such as, Social Work, and Physical, Occupational, or Speech Therapy. Our Erie, Pennsylvania branch of CareGivers Home Care is a certified agency.
Q. Does CareGivers ensure patient confidentiality? How?
Q. What are my payment options?
- Along with our broad scope of services, we provide our clients with a range of payment options. These include the following:
- Private Insurance: Many private insurance carriers offer home health care services as a benefit. CareGivers maintains all the required documentation and will bill directly to the insurance carrier.
- Medicaid: Medicaid is the medical assistance program for low-income people of all ages who are unable to pay for care and who meet the eligibility guidelines. It is financed by federal, state, and local funds, and the services covered are set by federal and state law.
- Private Pay (Out of Pocket): If no third party pay options are available, the client pays for home health care services directly. We offer a variety of payment plans to meet your needs.
- Medicare: Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people age 65 or older and certain disabled people under 65. It covers the home health services of nurses, therapists, social workers and home health aides. A physician must provide written orders for care to the providing agency. (Erie, PA branch only)
Q. How much will your services cost?
- Our rates vary by location and by the type of service or services that your situation requires. Please contact us for further rate information.
Q. Do I pay my CareGiver directly?
- No, we pay the employee and then bill you on a weekly basis for all services. To avoid any misunderstandings, no money or gifts should ever be given to the employee without CareGivers knowledge and permission.
Q. Will I be billed by the hour, weekly, or monthly?
- Weekly, we prepare an invoice for your convenience that totals the hours spent by the employee providing you and your loved one with our services. These hours are based on a verified time slip provided by the employee.
Q. Are there any extra charges (travel, overtime, taxes, weekends and holiday hours, etc.)?
- Yes, we have additional charges for services completed on the six major holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Q. Do you require a minimum of hours per day or week?
- There is no daily or weekly requirement. Our services are designed to meet your needs, whatever the amount of hours you require.
Q. How soon can services begin?
- Services can begin as soon as we are confident your needs can be safely met. This can be as soon as 24 hours or up to a few days, depending on certain criteria, such as location and the amount of hours of service required.
Q. Are CareGivers available 24/7?
- Yes, at CareGivers we know that there is not an off time when it comes to home care. Our services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Q. If my needs change, can you provide me with the services I need?
- At CareGivers, we pride ourselves on having the ability to work with our clients to meet all of their home health care needs. We will work with you to assess your situation and to create a plan that best meets your needs. If those needs change, we will continue to work with you to adjust your home health care plan accordingly. We strive to make this process as easy on you and your loved one as possible.
Q. Are employees insured and bonded?
- At CareGivers, we place a special emphasis on providing the peace of mind regarding the care and safety of your loved ones. In order to do so, we use a systematic screening process for all of our employees and conduct a background and criminal check on every staff member. All employees are fully bonded and insured, making them capable of providing the highest quality of care and competence to your loved one.